If you’re looking for the easiest way to know how to connect a BNC connector to a CCTV camera, then you came to the right article.
The process of connecting a BNC connector with a CCTV camera is very easy and simple.
All you need to do is to follow the instructions below, and you’ll be able to connect a BNC connector to a CCTV camera.
Table of Contents
How to Connect a BNC connector to a CCTV camera?
First of all, you have to gather the following accessories.
- A BNC connector
- DC Pin
- Copper Wire for Camera (3 in 1)
- Screw Driver
- Wire Cutter
- CCTV Camera
Also Read: Best Cameras For Pet Photography
When you have all these accessories next sit back and follow these instructions.
1. Take the wire that you want to connect with the CCTV camera and remove the white cover in an equal length of BNC connector and remove the cover from the BNC connector.
2. When you remove the cover, you’ll see four wires. You have to remove the cover from white wire (a wire which has higher thickness compared to three other wires). Next, you’ll see two more wires. Make sure you remove everything from the wire.
3. Insert the wire 1 in the BNC connector. Something like showing in the image and then tighten the screw.
4. Press the other wire and cover the BNC connector again with its cover. Follow the below-given image.
5. Now you can see three wires. Here we only need two wires; one wire is extra as a precaution. You can use it in case one wire damage or broken.
6. With these cables, we will join the DC connector, which used to provide power to CCTV. So take your DC connector and connect its wires with these wires.
7. Now both Connectors are ready.
8. Now take your CCTV camera, and you’ll see it has two connectors as well. You have to connect one with BNC and second with DC connector.
That’s it; your connection is ready. You can follow the same procedure and connect the BNC connector with a CCTV camera.
How do you wire a security camera?
If you want to learn a proper and best way to wire a security camera, then this video is for you and will help you.
1. Can you splice security camera cable?
Yes, you can splice security camera cables. The easiest way to extend the length of a security camera is through the BNC connector. You can get a double female BNC connector and connect them.
2. Can you connect 2 BNC cables?
Yes, you can connect 2 BNC cables. If you want to increase the cable length, you can use a double female BNC connector.
3. How do you connect BNC to coaxial cable?
To connect BNC to the coaxial cable, you have to remove the cover and all insulation from the cable when you can see only wire then take the BNC connector. From the bottom side of BNC, push wire to the upward side, and it will connect. Make sure you cut cable according to BNC length.
4. Which cable used for CCTV cameras?
In CCTV, two types of cables used. First PnP (Plug and play cables), and the second is RG59.
Both are good for CCTV cameras, but if you compare and want to decide which one is better and durable. Then I will say the RG59 cable is better insulated and has better durability compared to PnP cables.
Connecting a BNC connector to a CCTV camera is not difficult as it seems.
All you have to do is follow all the steps that I mentioned above to connect a BNC connector to a CCTV camera, and you’re good to go.
If you are still confused, are you have any doubt then feel free to mention us in the comment section.