Ever since TikTok launched worldwide in 2018, it has taken the world by storm. Thousands of users still download this application and are eager to get their accounts up and running. The first task after you complete your profile is to add your very first video. How can I add videos from my phone to TikTok?
Upload videos from your phone to TikTok by clicking on the ‘+’ icon and tapping on the ‘Upload’ icon. Pick the video you want to add, and once you click on ‘Next,’ you can edit the video with the various filters, sound effects, etc. Add a caption and post your video by tapping on ‘Post’.
Read on for detailed guidelines on how to add videos from your phone gallery to TikTok. Discover the various effects available to all TikTok users you can apply to edit and make your videos quirky and fun! When you get used to it, you will become TikTok famous in no time.
Table of Contents
How To Add Videos From My Phone To Tiktok
The popular app has caused quite a frenzy among youngsters and even the elderly! Every user became obsessed the moment they saw all the relatable content posted by users all over the globe. If it is your first time using TikTok and you would like to post videos for enjoyment or educational purposes, take a look at the instructions outlined below:
1. Tap The ‘+’ Icon
Open the TikTok application on your mobile device (you cannot upload TikTok videos from your desktop).
- Once you have opened the application, click on the profile icon located at the bottom right.
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon to upload and select a video.
- The ‘+’ icon allows you to record videos or upload videos from your phone gallery.
2. Tap On ‘Upload’
- After you tap the ‘+’ icon, click on the ‘Upload’ button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Once you click on ‘Upload’, the saved videos and images will appear on your screen.
3. Select The Video And Tap ‘Next’
- Choose the video you want to add from your video gallery.
- It is possible to select multiple videos and images.
- You can trim the video to cut out unnecessary parts that you do not want to show.
- Edit your videos or images. Add sound effects, text, filters, etc.
- After you choose and edit the content you want to upload, tap on ‘Next’.
- ‘Describe your video’ section allows you to add a caption such as quotes or information about the video.
- To reach more people on TikTok, add hashtags. A popular hashtag on TikTok is ‘FYP’, which stands for ‘for you page’. This tag will help your video get more exposure.
- You can change your settings before you post your video. The settings allow you to turn comments off or on, edit who can watch your video, etc.
- Tap on ‘Post’ to upload your video on TikTok.
If you followed these steps, you have successfully uploaded a video to your TikTok profile. Videos uploaded from your gallery and not created on TikTok might not work or perform as well as a video you created from the TikTok application.
This is because TikTok can identify whether a video has been created on the application or uploaded from your phone. If the video was recorded somewhere else, it is not “local” to TikTok.
To improve the quality of the video you want to add from your phone, you can edit it on TikTok before you post it using the different available effects.
Why Won’t TikTok Post My Video?
If you are struggling to post videos on TikTok or TikTok does not allow you to post videos, here is why:
- Internet Connection
Check to see if you are connected to the internet. If it is on, but if you still have trouble uploading your video restart your Wi-Fi router, and once it is connected, you can try to upload your video again.
If you are out of luck, try contacting the network distributor.
- App Is Outdated
Every now and then, applications update certain features. It might be that the version you are using is outdated. Go to the App Store or Apple Store to check if a newer version is available for download.
Alternatively, if there is no update available, uninstall and reinstall TikTok.
- Violations Of Terms And Conditions Or Community Guidelines
Whenever we download new apps, they usually give us a long list of terms and conditions or community guidelines that state what would happen if we violate them. Usually, TikTok blocks users for a certain period when they post content that violates the app rules.
If you are blocked, you can contact support to give you further instructions on fixing the problem or information on how long you are blocked and why.
- TikTok Is Too Busy
As of 2021, TikTok has over one billion users! Like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, TikTok can just stop working. Sometimes a message appears on your screen stating that the app is not responding.
However, these technical difficulties do not last long, and you will be back online in no time!
What Is The Best Time To Add Videos To TikTok?
New to TikTok and want to grow your following? Well, then you need to know the best times to post videos. It can be difficult to accurately determine because TikTok has a huge audience and progresses fast.
A study conducted by Influencer Marketing Hub came up with the best times (Eastern Standard Time: EST) to share videos on TikTok.
6 AM, 10 AM, 10 PM
2 AM, 4 AM, 9 AM
7 AM, 8 AM, 11 AM
9 AM, 12 PM, 7 PM
5 AM, 1 PM, 3 PM
11 AM, 7 PM, 8 PM
7 AM, 8 AM, 4 PM
During the study, they discovered the times that had increased levels of engagement were:
9 AM on Tuesdays
12 PM on Thursdays
5 AM on Fridays
I hope you find this information helpful. TikTok is by far the most addictive app, and new users are downloading it every day. It is not uncommon to want to know how to do the basics, like adding a video from your phone to TikTok. I say it is better to avoid mistakes and uncertainty. Use the various effects and filters to make your videos look pretty and fun.
Adding videos from your gallery or creating videos from TikTok to upload is simple. If you want to grow your following, make sure that you add relevant and popular hashtags and add creative captions.